With its incredible ways of organizing friends and family, it is the perfect tool for planning a Disney Vacation.
In my family, our annual summer vacations are discussed for months. If we were going to Disney we planned all year.
Who’s going, what are we packing, who are we meeting, what are the time frames, and most importantly, what are the MAIN ACTIVITIES the family wants to enjoy.
And once you have answered these crucial questions it is up to mom and dad, plus any other couples joining, to plan the days of fun. Not to mention juggling work, getting the kids to school and other aspects of normal life leading up to vacation.
You shouldn’t need a week off from planning your vacation. Google+, even in its infancy, is a fantastic tool for planning Disney vacations.
Circles, the stream and hangouts take the stress out of group Disney vacations. Google already holds so much information on traveling and ways to cross-reference information – planning a vacation on the same site you find the info is an instinct. Read below to find some quick tips on how to combine Google+ features with vacations.
Circles: (Click here to watch a video on Google+ circles if you need further explanation – http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BeMZP-oyOII)
- When you start to plan your Disney vacation add everyone in the group to a specific circle. An amazing thing about Google+ circles in you can have one person in several circles. The more specific you circles, the less noise you need to weed through. If you have everyone that will take part in your vacation in one circle information can be shared. Unlike emails, you don’t have to worry about saving information. Unlike Facebook, adding circles and members is quick and easy – with no hassles like accepting group members.
Stream: Now that you have everyone involved in your Disney vacation in a circle you can start sharing ideas.
- You can share information within a specific circle, so your plans for vacation are not shared with everyone. Like sending out a mass text, posting information to a specific stream about a FastPass or plans for dinner allow everyone in your group to know immediately.
- Post a link about having breakfast with the princesses or Pooh and see who +1. Like Facebook, +1 is a way of supporting a post. You can also comment or share the post with other members of the circle or on Google+. You never have to worry that you added everyone to an email or someone lost important information – it’s right there in the stream. Mistyped a date? You can go into your own post and change the information.
- Google+ also has a chat feature that allows you send out a message anentire circle. This is perfect when you are in the park and ready to meet for lunch, or to snag a spot in line for your favorite character.
- One of my favorite applications on Google+, a hangout is face chatting with people in your circles. Essentially, it is a group video chat. At Hollywood Studios and ready to grab a seat for Fantasmic!? Log onto a hangout and tell your group members! This feature is great forgetting things done quickly – and with everyone involved.
Google+ is a great tool for arranging group Disney vacations.
No matter how long you plan, there will always be an autograph you need to get or a ride you have to experience.
Google+ makes planning a dream vacation with friends easier – and allows you to focus on the important parts of Disney – like the magic.