Please remember – this blog consists of my thoughts and opinions only. My ‘thoughts, my ‘tude.
Walt Disney World is full of magic, both day and night. However, with multiple parades, fireworks and shows throughout the park, it can become slightly overwhelming. Disney night shows are my absolute favorite – so here is an easy layout of my favorite magical shows for October 2011.
Here is the schedule for Disney night shows that list specific times and days – please note that some evenings shows are held twice, it has been my experience that the later show is considerably less crowded. All shows times are subject to change.
Magic Kingdom Park
Wishes Nighttime Spectacular – see schedulefor specific times & dates
- Put this firework show on your must-see list! Wishes Nighttime Spectacular is the biggest, most beautiful fireworks show ever. Jiminy Cricket is the narrator through the show that is synched with brilliant music. The show can be seen throughout the park, but to see Tinker Bell fly to Cinderella’s Castle, I would recommend sitting on Main Street, USA or near the front of the park.
Main Street Electrical Parade – see schedule for specific times & dates
- Floats, lights and pixie dust! This parade is full of sparkly floats and magical music that travels throughout the park. You can see all the seven dwarfs as they head off to work and a great salute to America. The best part? Tinker Bell leads the parade in a beautiful and magical float. Make sure you find a great seat to catch all the magic.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
Fantasmic! – 8:00 p.m. in October with two shows at 8 and 9:30 p.m. on Sundays
- Fantasmic! is one of my favorite shows at Walt Disney World! Running about 25 minutes, this night show combines fireworks with a water show, tying classic Disney pals with exciting music. Make sure you stop by Disney’s Hollywood Studios to see how Mickey overcomes the Evil Queen and other villains to save his dreams from their scary nightmares.
Again, Disney combines the beauty and power of fireworks, water and lasers in the celebration the world and the diversity of all the nations. IllumniNations: Reflections of Earth runs about 15 minutes and is centered from the World Showcase Lagoon. How can you not feel chills as you celebrate the magic of our world? Grab some food from another country and be ready to stand in awe at this breathtaking nighttime spectacular.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom closes at 5 p.m. every day, so there isn’t a nighttime parade. However, the Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade is 15 minutes of high-energy fun. Moving throughout Africa, Discovery Island and Asia. Come feel the animals’ spirits in this colorful and musical parade. Also, Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goody ride along in jeeps that fit their personality perfectly. Which one is your favorite?
a few Disney Princess tips for night shows:
– Plan your day and arrive EARLY! The biggest thing I’ve found while living in Florida and going to see fireworks and parades is that the perfect spot makes the experience even better. Grab a delicious snack and snag your spot early.
– Sometimes people take 1000 photos! Don’t be afraid to put down your camera and enjoy the parade and magic!
What are your favorite memories and parades at Disney? Please share with me!